1-hr Suicide Awareness & Violence Behavioral Pre-cursors
- To increase understanding of the tragic issue of suicide, the risk factors that can lead to suicide, and the prevention of suicidal ideation and contagion.
- To increase knowledge of the warning signs, so that co-workers and supervisors are better prepared to identify and get help for their staff who may be at risk
- Identify response roles and strategies based on whether you are a supervisor or a human resources leader.
Description – DID YOU KNOW? . . .
- That almost all acts of self-harm are preceded by behavior that is concerning to others?
- For every death by suicide at least 6 other people are intimately affected?
- One of the most dangerous things you can do is promise to keep suicidal thoughts a secret?
- The three words to say to someone who you are concerned may be struggling and considering self harm?
This 45-60 min. session is designed to be educational to employee and leadership attendees so that they are more aware of types of persons who may be at risk or may know someone who is at risk of suicidal thoughts or behavior.
Lecture discusses statistics related to suicide attempts and how attempts can be looked at as opportunities to intervene and save lives. Additionally, information related to suicidal ideation, harassment, bullying,behavioral risk factors for suicide and warning signs for suicide will be discussed with opportunities for Q&A available by attendees.
Response strategies based on whether they are a co-worker or supervisro are discussed as well as establishing a mitigation plan for the at risk employee.