The Parent and Community Role In Countering The Threat Of School Active Shooters
“The true first responders are the ones already on the scene.”
The Parent and Community Role in Countering the Threat of School Active Shooters
School shootings give parents anxiety – and for good reason. However, much progress has been made in schools taking the initiative to counter intruders and in their partnership with law enforcement. This partnership is enhanced with the involvement of the community and especially parents and grandparents. This 2-hour seminar is presented in a community forum approach and includes question and answer from parents, teachers and the public. We find this interaction helps bring peace of mind and inform parents of everything school districts are doing to ensure the safety of their students.
• Are schools safe?
• The threat of intruders in our schools
• Review of the U.S. Secret Service/ Department of Education Safe Schools Initiative Report and lessons learned
• How to help prevent incidents
• How to report potential threats
• Bullying prevention tips and what to do if your child is bullied
• Your role if there is an incident at your child’s school
• An overview of school safety and lockdown plans