Bus Driver Awareness, Safety
And Intruder Response Training
Half Day (4 Hours)
“The true first responders are the ones already on the scene.”
Bus Driver Awareness, Safety and Intruder Response Training
Although schools are becoming more secure, buses are still often vulnerable targets. However, with driver education, buses can be safety zones for students.
• Why are school and mass transit buses a target?
• Awareness when approaching bus stops
• Identifying threat areas at bus stops
• What makes buses difficult to board
• Mobility of buses as a deterrent and mitigation response
• Intruder Response – What if the intruder makes it on the bus?
• Response differences to different types of threats