5-Day Strategies of Low Light Engagements Instructor Course
Cost – $997 per person
Upon completion of this intensive course, participants will be able to deliver effective low light training to their departments. This training will assist departments in meeting a critical training requirement for low light training.
This is not a flashlight shooting techniques course – far from it. This course was developed over a 20-year period of interaction with regular and special forces military units, federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies.
This groundbreaking course exposes officers to the foundational concepts of armed and unarmed confrontations associated with day and night operations.
We do not focus on final outcomes per se, but address the underlying processes that ultimately determine the conclusion of any given conflict.
- The core principles of low light CQB and low light CQC
- Conflict resolution
- Strategy, tactics and teamwork
- Proper individual biomechanics
- Effective communication
- leveraging available equipment
Technique-based approaches encouraged by the majority of traditional training methodologies are simply not sufficient. We teach operators to implement flexible and unpredictable (difficult for the adversary to read) responses in dynamic environments. The cornerstone to all reasonable action is possessing the ability to harness the full potential of the conscious and sub-conscious decision-making processes while under duress.
Officers leave this course with a practical understanding of a time-tested sequential model for operating in the midst of discord. Participants are encouraged to experiment and take the initial concepts presented during the training and adapt them as necessary in force-on-force drills and scenarios. These exercises are carefully analyzed utilizing infrared digital video playback. This course leads the way in reduced light environment training for law enforcement.
Participants who complete the course receive:
- 300-page instructor handbook, including lesson plans, articles, student pricing, addendum documents, administrative documents, rosters, course evaluation forms and incident reports.
- Completion and instructor certificates.
Excellent handgun and shotgun skills; instructor background or training preferable
- Extensive solo drilling and pair drilling – (live fire and force on force) • O.O.D.A. Cycle
- Correct Use of Lighting Tools
- Functioning under Duress
- Searching Techniques
- Proper Movement, effective use of Cover and Concealment
- Solo, Pairs and 4 person elements
- Introduction to Physical Conflict Resolution (PCR)
- Our proprietary Defensive Tactics approach
- Arrest and Control Concepts utilizing a flashlight
- Using a handheld flashlight w/ a shoulder-fired weapon
- Student Teach Back Sessions
- Student run low light drilling and critiques
- Illumination Tool and Related Equipment Recommendations
- Administration of a safe and effective force-on-force training program
- Administrative requirements for program deliver
- Choice of BDU’s/Sweats/Overalls/Flight Suit
- Flashlight used on duty
- Duty Rig and Handgun w/ 500 rounds of ammunition
- Eye, Ear, Groin, and Neck Protection, Gloves
- (Chest Protection for Women)