Tactical Firearms (3 Gun) Instructor Course
“Capability breeds humility.”
5-Day Tactical Firearms (3 Gun) Instructor Course
This is a dynamic course is for all trainers regardless of their background or other schools they may have attended. This skill-intensive class addresses coaching and training skills for three weapon systems: the pistol, the rifle, and the shotgun.
Special attention is paid to prevailing in lowlight environments. Training will proceed for more than 8 hours on most days. This program is challenging and participants should be in good physical condition.
Certification is valid for three years.
• Fundamentals Review and Diagnostics
• Zeroing, Unloading, Reloading
• Fighting Platforms
• Failure Drills: Transition to Pistol
• Turning Movements
• Support Side Shooting
• Contact and Cover
• Working in a Gas Mask
• Defeating Ambushes
• Officer Down and Rescue
• Active Shooter
• Moving Targets
• Shooting On The Move
• Multiple Threat Engagements
• Movement and Mobility Exercises
• The Correct Use of Cover
• Threat Discrimination: Shoot/No Shoot
• Dynamics of Low Light Engagements
• Principles of Light
• Close Quarters Battle
• Partner and Team Tactics
This tactical firearms instructor course also includes coaching and training sessions designed to assist you in making departmental presentations or training other officers in practical firearms skills.
Other topics include:
• Liability Issues
• Case Law and Precedent
• Instructional Techniques
• Coaching Beyond Fundamentals
• Preparing Incident Action/Safety Plans
• Creating Lesson Plans
• Managing Difficult Trainees
• Classroom and Range Presentations
• Designing Training for Your Agency
• Running a Safe Range at Night
Instructor-level schools have a longer duration than operator courses, and students participate in coaching and training delivery on the range.
Make sure you have all equipment listed and backup firearms are recommended in case of failure or breakage. We cannot guarantee that a loaner firearm will be available.
• Note Taking Material
• Rifle and shotgun must have a sling capable of cross-body, muzzle-down carry and a minimum of 4 magazines for
• Duty load bearing gear including
• Body armor (undershirt or tactical)
• Gas mask with leg pouch or case
• Ball cap or hat with
• Knee and elbow pads
• Wraparound eye protection (clear lenses for night events)
• Hearing protection
• Hydration source (backpack preferred)
• Clothing suitable for all weather conditions
• Duffel that will allow you to bring your gear to the line with you
• Ammunition: 1500 Pistol | 1,000 Rifle | 250 Birdshot | 20 00 Buck | 20 Rifled Slugs
• Handheld Light: All participants must have at least one high-intensity handheld light
• Weapon-Mounted Light: Highly recommended but are not a requirement
• Sling: The operator must have a sling that permits a muzzle-down, front body carry.