According to OSHA approximately 75% of the nearly 25,000 workplace assaults occurred in healthcare and social service settings. In over 80% of the cases, the patient is the aggressor.
At Strategos our consulting and training
In addition, our programs can assist your healthcare organization in achieving these safety and security accreditation standards through OSHA’s 5 recommended “Violence Prevention Programs”.
Management Commitment & Worker Participation
- Management commitment and worker participation are essential elements of an effective violence prevention program.
Worksite Analysis & Hazard Identification
- A worksite analysis involves a mutual step-by-step assessment of the workplace to find existing or potential hazards that may lead to incidents of workplace violence.
Hazard Prevention & Control
- After the systematic worksite analysis is complete, the employer should take the appropriate steps to prevent or control the hazards that were identified.
Safety & Health Training
- Education and training of all workers are key elements of a workplace violence protection program and help ensure that all staff members are aware of potential hazards and how to protect themselves and their coworkers through established policies and procedures.
Recordkeeping & Program Evaluation
- Recordkeeping and evaluation of the violence prevention program are necessary to determine its overall effectiveness and identify any deficiencies or changes that should be made.
Here Is How We Can Help
From developing written programs for compliance to conducting behavior risk assessments , we can help you with both system-wide and individual facilities services.
Call us at 888-569-5444 or click the button to…
The true first responders are the ones already on the scene.
Let us help you prepare.