Great? What would you like to do?
- This event has passed.
5 Day Tactical Firearms (3 Gun) Instructor Course – Defiance, MO
May 13 @ 7:30 am - May 17 @ 6:00 pm UTC+0
Law Enforcement Firearms Training
Course Length: 5-Days
This is a useful and dynamic course for every trainer regardless of their background or other schools they may have attended. This dynamic and skill-intensive class addresses coaching and training skills for three weapon systems: the pistol, the rifle, and the shotgun. Special attention is paid to the dynamics of the low light environment and the skills necessary for prevailing in this realm. Training will proceed for more than 8 hours on most days. This program is challenging and participants should be in good physical condition.
– Certification is valid for three Years –
Check out highlights from a “Tactical 3 Gun Instructor Course” in April of 2015 below!
Class begins at 0730 on Monday morning.
Days will run longer than 8 hours and our curriculum includes evening events.
CONCEPTS AND SKILLS – PISTOL, RIFLE, AND SHOTGUN:
- Fundamentals Review & Diagnostics
- Zeroing, Unloading, Reloading
- Fighting Platforms
- Failure Drills: Transition to Pistol
- Turning Movements
- Support Side Shooting
- Contact and Cover
- Working in a Gas Mask
- Defeating Ambushes
- Officer Down & Rescue
- Active Shooter
- Moving Targets
- Shooting On The Move
- Multiple Threat Engagements
- Movement & Mobility Exercises
- The Correct Use of Cover
- Threat Discrimination: Shoot/No Shoot
- Dynamics of Low Light Engagements
- Principles of Light
- Close Quarters Battle
- Partner & Team Tactics
The TACTICAL FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR course also includes coaching and training sessions designed to assist the candidate in making departmental presentations or training other officers in practical firearms skills:
- Liability Issues
- Case Law and Precedent
- Instructional Techniques
- Coaching Beyond Fundamentals
- Preparing Incident Action/Safety Plans
- Creating Lesson Plans
- Managing Difficult Trainees
- Classroom and Range Presentations
- Designing Training for Your Agency
- Running a Safe Range at Night
NOTE: Instructor-level schools are longer than operator courses, and students participate in coaching and training delivery on the range. Make sure you have all equipment listed and backup firearms are recommended in case of failure or breakage. We cannot guarantee that a “loaner” firearm will be available.
• Note Taking Material
• Rifle & shotgun must have a sling capable of cross-body, muzzle-down carry and a minimum of 4 magazines for rifle
• Duty load bearing gear including pistol with minimum 4 magazines
• Body armor (undershirt or tactical)
• Gas mask with leg pouch or case
• Ball cap or hat with brim
• Knee and elbow pads
• Wraparound eye protection (clear lenses for night events)
• Hearing protection
• Hydration source (backpack preferred)
• Clothing suitable for all weather conditions
• Duffel that will allow you to bring your gear to the line with you
• Ammunition: 1500 Pistol | 1,000 Rifle | 250 Birdshot | 20 00 Buck | 20 Rifled Slugs
• Handheld Light: All participants must have at least one high intensity hand held light
• Weapon-Mounted Light: Highly recommended but are not a requirement
• Sling: The operator MUST have a sling that permits a muzzle-down, front body carry.