Great? What would you like to do?
5-Day Strategies of Low Light Engagements Instructor Course – Springfield, MO
October 7, 2019 @ 8:00 am – October 11, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
Low Light Training – Low Light CQB – Force-on-Force – Firearms Training – Low Light Shooting
Most Law Enforcement Shootings take place in Diminished Light Environments
Course Length 5-Days (50 hours)
Upon completion of this intensive 50+ hour, 5-day course the participant will be able to successfully deliver progressive low light training to his or her department based on the acclaimed training developed by the Strategos staff. This training will assist departments in meeting a critical training requirement for low light training.
The Strategies of Low Light Engagements
The Principles and Subsequent Techniques for Prevailing in the Realm of Conflict. This is NOT a flashlight shooting techniques course! Far from it. Developed over a 20-year period of interaction with regular and Special Forces military units, federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, this groundbreaking course exposes the officer to the foundational precepts associated with armed and unarmed confrontations associated with day and night operations.
We do not focus on final outcomes per se, but address the underlying processes that ultimately determine the conclusion of any given conflict. The core principles of low light CQB and low light CQC, conflict resolution; strategy, tactics, teamwork, proper individual bio-mechanics, timing, effective communication, and leveraging available equipment are presented and tested.
Technique based approaches encouraged by the majority of traditional training methodologies are simply not sufficient. We teach operators to implement flexible, fluid, flowing and unpredictable (difficult for the adversary to read) responses in dynamic environments. The cornerstone to all reasonable action is possessing the ability to harness the full potential of the conscious and sub-conscious decision-making processes while under duress.
Officers leave this course with a practical understanding of a time tested sequential model for operating in the midst of discord. Participants are challenged mentally and physically to solve a multitude of problems utilizing an adaptive learning based philosophy. That is, participants are encouraged to experiment and take the initial concepts presented during powerful multimedia lectures and practical demonstrations and adapt them as necessary in a myriad of force-on-force drills and scenarios. These exercises are carefully analyzed utilizing infrared digital video playback. This course leads the way in Reduced Light Environments Training for Law Enforcement.
All students/participants who successfully complete the 5-day instructor course receive the following:
- 300 Page Instructor Handbook – (Complete w/ talking point lesson plan, misc. articles, student pricing, addendum documents, administrative documents, rosters, course evaluation forms, incident reports etc.)
- Successful Completion & Instructor Certificate
Excellent Handgun & Shotgun Skills / Instructor Background or training preferable
This 5 Day, 50+ hour Course will cover the following:
- Presenting “Low Light” multi-media lectures
- Extensive solo drilling & pair drilling – (Live Fire & “Force on Force”)
- O.O.D.A. Cycle
- Correct Use of Lighting Tools
- Functioning under Duress
- Searching Techniques
- Proper Movement, effective use of Cover and Concealment
– (Solo, Pairs and 4 person elements)
- Student Teach Back Sessions
- Student run “Low Light” Drilling & Critiques
- Illumination Tool and Related Equipment Recommendations
- Administration of a safe and effective “Force on Force” training program
- Administrative requirements for Program Delivery
- Choice of BDU’s/Sweats/Overalls/Flight Suit
- Flashlight used on duty
- Duty Rig & Handgun w/ 500 rounds of ammunition
- Eye, Ear, Groin, & Neck Protection, Gloves
- (Chest Protection for Women)
- Liquids (water, Gatorade, etc)
Bass Pro Angler’s Inn
Address: Phone: (800) 445-5132
Address: Phone: (417) 875-8800
Address: Phone: (417) 864-7333
Holiday Inn Express
Address: Phone: (417) 862-0070
Holiday Inn Express
Address: Phone: (417) 887-8500
Address: Phone: (417) 881-8500
Address: Phone: (417) 890-6060
CPL Marcus Walker
Email: [email protected]