2-Day Church Security Planning & Intruder Awareness/Response
Many churches have taken comfort in the thought that “it could never happen here.” But headlines and a steadily-growing body of statistical evidence demonstrate that violence in faith-based organizations is not an if, but a when.
The Church Security Planning and Intruder Awareness Response training will equip your staff and key volunteers to create a personalized security plan that protects your congregation while maintaining a welcoming environment.
Who should attend? Pastors, church staff, administrators and facility managers, children and student ministry directors, security team members, deacons.
Day 1: Church Security Planning for Leadership Personnel
At the end of the day, you’ll be thoroughly equipped to begin (or re-launch or improve) your church security ministry. Each participant will leave with a comprehensive, practical 75-page workbook so that you can bring the day’s learning home with you and put it into action.
We’ll address topics including:
- Intruder response
- Offering collection, protection, and transport
- Overcoming objections to protecting the flock
- Nursery security
- Medical response
- Volunteer & personnel selection
- Armed vs. unarmed security
- Insurance & liability considerations
- Physical security assessments
- Risk assessments
- Protecting the pastor
- The role of ushers and greeters
Day 2: Intruder Awareness/Response and Conflict Management
Equip and empower your frontline team (security volunteers, ushers, greeters) to spot and stop trouble before it starts.
This training helps team members identify suspicious behavior and act peacefully and proactively with the goal of de-escalating potential conflicts.
Key topics will include:
- Creating a culture of awareness
- Lockdown & lockdown failure response
- Recognizing & responding to suspicious behavior
- Approaching suspicious or armed individuals
- Awareness & response layers in & around the church setting
- Normalcy bias phenomenon
- Verbal conflict management & de-escalation
- Protestor & disgruntled response
- The role of ushers, greeters and other frontline team members
Cost – $227 per person