1-Day Intruder Awareness/Response & Conflict Management for Church Personnel
Many churches have taken comfort in the thought that “it could never happen here.” But headlines and a steadily-growing body of statistical evidence demonstrate that violence in faith-based organizations is not an if, but a when.
Equip and empower your frontline team (security volunteers, ushers, greeters) to spot and stop trouble before it starts. This training helps team members identify suspicious behavior and act peacefully and proactively with the goal of de-escalating potential conflicts.
Key topics will include:
- Creating a culture of awareness
- Lockdown & lockdown failure respons
- Recognizing & responding to suspicious behavior
- Approaching suspicious or armed individuals
- Awareness & response layers in & around the church setting
- Normalcy bias phenomenon
- Verbal conflict management & de-escalation
- Protestor & disgruntled response
- The role of ushers, greeters and other frontline team members
Cost – $157 per person