1-Day First Responders Chaplaincy/Ministry – LEVEL 1
This class is open to everyone! You do NOT have to currently be a Chaplain to attend.
Learning how to effectively serve your first-responders and your community. Chaplains provide a vital service to law enforcement, fire departments, and other emergency responders. Not only do they support these professionals, they bring comfort to people displaced by disaster or victimized by crime. But, WHO TRAINS THE CHAPLAINS? Often well-meaning pastors and ordained ministers must learn through the school of hard knocks. In addition, they often have the disadvantage of not understanding the culture and stresses of law enforcement and emergency responders. The realities faced daily by police, firefighters and paramedics differ markedly from the routines of most pastors. Yet with training, this gap can be bridged.
The First Responders Chaplaincy Training equips pastors, volunteers, and first responders to support professional protectors and their families in relevant ways. It also gives insight into how chaplains can partner with responders to serve and comfort the community. Attendees will receive an introduction into the perspective of law enforcers and emergency professionals.
The program offers a balance of instruction and practical exercises. We will work through real-life scenarios together to prepare for real-time incidents in the field.
Role of the Chaplain
- Introduction to Psychological First Aid
- Introduction to CISM & PTSD
- Introduction to Domestic Violence
- Suicide Awareness
- Critical Incident Response
- Death Notifications
- Protector Orientation
- Crime Scene Preservation
- Introduction to Officer’s Response to an Active Shooter
Please wear comfortable clothing.
Who Should Attend?
- Law Enforcement, EMS, Military, Fire, and Corrections Officers
- Pastors and licensed ministers
- Law Enforcement leadership desiring to upgrade or start a chaplaincy program
- Anyone desiring to minister to and support first-responders
- Attendees will receive a certificate of completion after the training.
This training does NOT certify anyone as a Chaplain.
COST – $157 per person