Tactical Applications of the Pistol for Church Protectors
2 & 4 Day Options
“The true first responders are the ones already on the scene.”
Tactical Applications of the Pistol for Church Protectors
This course is for responsible and conscientious adults who serve as part of an organization’s security ministry or life safety team.
IMPORTANT: This is not a “handgun 101” course. Participants must already have a basic understanding of and ability to safely handle and manipulate their pistol in a controlled manner with a calm demeanor. Tactical Application of the Pistol is a basic, skill-building course but it is not an introductory course for a person who has never fired a handgun or who is not familiar with how to safely handle one. You do not need to be an accomplished marksman, but your behavior and actions must demonstrate that you have a keen awareness of the powerfully destructive potential of a firearm.
NOTE: at the beginning of class you will be asked to demonstrate how to perform the functions of your firearm and the physical requirements listed under the “Prerequisites and Physical Requirements for Firearms Training” section in this course description. If you cannot perform these tasks you will not be allowed to continue with the course.
This dynamic course begins with classroom instruction covering legal and liability issues and safety with a firearm. Our discussion includes the lawful and proper use of force.
We focus on the physical training for developing tactically correct motor skills for deploying with your pistol in an emergency. These skill competencies include deploying your pistol, firing, and managing your gear while:
• Using a stationary position of concealment/ cover
• Moving forward and backward
•Moving laterally and at oblique angles
• Utilizing one or both hands from a variety of positions and fighting platforms
We focus on principles, tactics
• Safety at Home, on the Range, and While Carrying Concealed in Public
• The Principles of Marksmanship
• Equipment Selection and Proper Gear Placement
• Legal and Justifiable Use of Force
• Winning Mindset and Stress Management
• Loading, Unloading, and Reloading
• Developing Natural Index Points
• Communication and Working with a Partner
• Verbal Challenges and Commands
• Proper Draw Stroke and Proper Recovery to the Holster
• Single and Multiple Threat Engagement
• Shooting on the Move
• Horizontal and Vertical Displacements
• Immediate Action Drills and Clearing Malfunctions
• Making Proper Decisions Under Duress
• CQB – Close Quarters Battle
• Prevailing in Low Light
Our Training Philosophy and Practices
Our training staff is composed of professional and experienced coaches and we are students ourselves.
We believe in treating everyone respectfully and as adult learners. Our coaches participate in the learning process and we use a building block approach to solidify skills before moving toward more advanced concepts.
We believe that “capability breeds humility.” In other words, by achieving a higher level of skill you will be able to better maintain composure while under duress. Through managing fear the capable operator will operate more confidently, more quickly, and make better decisions in the stressful environment of a true emergency.
We do not believe in “check the box” training or lowest common denominator training. Individual assistance is always available.
You should not enroll in our course if you are:
• Not safe and conscientious with firearms
• Not willing to be open-minded
• Not willing receive new information and try new concepts
• Not capable of keeping your ego in check
You must understand the basics of how your firearm operates. This includes being able to lock open and close the action as well as load and unload the firearm safely. You should be able to field strip your pistol according to your owner’s manual for maintenance and cleaning. Bring your owner’s manual with you.
You must be able to operate in a safe and controlled manner. Speed is not an issue. Muzzle discipline (where the gun is pointed) and awareness
You must possess the physical strength and stamina to repetitively function and fire your weapon during training drills. You must be able to move forward, backward, and laterally under control while holding your firearm in front of you and pointed at the targets.
You must have personal self-discipline and be able to maintain mental, physical, and emotional control at all times and not become over-excited or lose your composure. You must be willing and able to accept coaching and instruction and follow commands.
You must have a keen awareness and consideration for other participants while handling firearms and conducting drills in
Make sure you have the necessary equipment listed for training. Having a backup firearm, holster, magazines
You must use a secure and well-fitting holster that retains your primary firearm near your dominant hip. “Secure” means that your pistol will never come out of the holster accidentally. Other types of holsters such as cross-draw, shoulder, ankle, belly-band, purse or fanny pack models are valid methods of
Minimum 600 rounds factory ammunition for the primary handgun. IMPORTANT NOTE: Ammunition may be hard to obtain from some suppliers. Make arrangements for gaining your ammunition well in advance.
Required Gear and Equipment
• Four magazines or speed loaders for each firearm
• Pouch or carry method for spare magazines or speed loaders (you must be able to carry a minimum of 24 rounds of ammunition on your person for all exercises)
• High intensity flashlight (tail cap switch preferred) and spare batteries
• Hearing protection
• Wraparound eye protection – prescription glasses are acceptable
• Ball cap or cap with brim
• Jacket, vest or heavy shirt to conceal your pistol and work from a concealed position
• Knee pads
• Clothing and footwear suitable for all weather conditions
• Range bag or duffel that allows you to bring all gear to the line with you
• Cleaning equipment and materials in the correct caliber for your pistols
The 4 day option buils on the 2 day course.
This class also satisfies the training requirement for those seeking to gain their legal endorsement to carry a concealable firearm in the state of Missouri as well as those states that recognize Missouri’s training standard.
**For this option you will need a minimum of 1,500 rounds of ammunition.
Call us at 888-569-5444 or click the button to…